lunedì 1 settembre 2014

Discontinued Day #14: Kiko Sugar Mat 643 Spring Green


  Come to an end with Kiko's holographic beauties I've decided to start a new series for our From The Vault appointments and I'm going to show you their Sugar Mat nail polishes. Well, Kiko seems to be prone to discontinue any finish loved by their customers. Sugar Mat bottles, in fact, have been discontinued just a few weeks after their launch (and keep in mind they were mostly sold-out); then, a limited edition box set appeared last Christimas, and this was the last textured batch by the Italian brand. 
Today I've got for you 643 Spring Green which was part of their glittery textured series: it's a super bright lawn green (don't mind my pictures, my camera has decided to kill its whole brightness off, I'm sorry for that) enriched with golden microglitters as a wonderful shimmer effect. This nail polish is super pigmented and very easy to work with, you'll see two coats only in my pictures and they got dry super quickly. No complaints at all about longevity, I didn't have any issues for 6 days. 
Well, let me say I got this baby before I got truly aware of my love for bright greens and it's been love at first sight. It's so beautiful, especially under the sunlight. 
I know textureds are to be loved or hated, so...what about you? Did you like this one?

«·´¨*·.¸¸ •¸¸.·*¨`·»

  Terminata la carrellata di olografici Kiko, per continuare il nostro appuntamento con i reperti archeosmaltosi ho deciso di intraprendere la strada degli Sugar Mat, altro successone che il marchio italiano sembra aver archiviato. Sì, perché dopo una prima ondata (sold-out) di smalti materici, quasi subito discontinuati, ne abbiamo rivisti alcuni solo lo scorso Natale in un cofanetto in edizione limitata. Quello che vi mostro oggi, 643 Verde Primavera, fa parte della prima ondata di materici Kiko e rientra nella collezione "glitter", infatti si tratta di un verde prato molto acceso (che la mia fotocamera ha pensato bene di uccidere) vivacizzato da uno shimmer microglitter dorato. La formula è molto pigmentata e facilissima da stendere, nelle mie foto vedrete il risultato di due sole passate la cui asciugatura è stata rapidissima. Per quanto riguarda la durata non ho avuto alcun problema, nonostante il finish lo smalto ha avuto vita lunghissima sulle mie unghie.
Ho acquistato Verde Primavera in tempi ancora non sospetti, ero agli inizi della mia passione verde brigh, e me ne sono innamorata subito. E' davvero stupendo, soprattutto sotto al sole.
Posto che il finish debba piacere, perché non è da tutte, cosa pensate di questo gioiellino?












41 commenti:

  1. Questo è uno dei pochi sugar mat che mi sono accaparrata a suo tempo e debbo dire che mi gusta parecchio!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Io sono tornata in seconda mandata perché mi era dispiaciuto lasciarlo lì e volevo fare un tentativo. Temo di poter confermare che l'inizio della mia malattia bright green sia stato a causa sua :D

      Elimina
  2. Giassai cosa penso dei sand... il colore è fantastico, e se fosse un normale smalto con shimmerini/glitter dorati sarebbe già mio :D

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. bisbigli in lontananza: * tonnellate di top coaaaaaat, tonnellate di top coaaaaat! *

      Elimina
  3. i am maximum in love with textured nail polishes! i have only one green sand bottle
    and love this shade! beautiful !

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. This is my only textured green, I've got one too :D
      And I'm really happy with it. It's super lovely!

      Elimina
  4. Uno dei pochissimi che non ho preso.... dopo le tue foto quasi quasi mi pento.....

    RispondiElimina
  5. I like it, it looks like Kiwi by Barry M, but textured and with shimmer :) When it comes to textured nail polishes, I like them a lot, but I got kind of bored - I've been weraing them very often for more than half a year. I like this one a lot though, looks juicy :)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thanks a lot dear! I know the hype might have gone, but I keep on loving sandies a lot and I keep on wearing them. And that's strange if you think I kinda hated them at the beginning :D
      Actually there's more yellow in here than in Kiwi, it's only my camera which enjoys killing off many of my polishes :D

      Elimina
  6. Discontinuare questo colore è un sacrilegio! Purtroppo non ho nessuno dei sugar matte della Kiko :/
    Questo verde è semplicemente eccezionale!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Vero? Peccato, perché meritano proprio tanto. Sono stati un successone!

      Elimina
  7. Adoro gli smalti materici e ne ho presi un sacco: molti di questa edizione limitata e tutto il pacchetto natalizio! Ma questo...beh no, questo no perché il verde così acceso non mi convinceva...sulle tue mani, però, è bellissimo!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Grazie Holly! Anch'io ho saccheggiato, ho lasciato giù solo i matte perché senza sbrillo proprio non mi convincevano.

      Elimina
  8. Uh me lo ricordo! L'ho visto sulle unghie di Aly l'anno scorso, e mi era piaciuto molto. Però non mi vedevo con il verde quindi non l'ho preso... ora che ho cambiato idea lo ammiro e basta XD

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Oltretutto non ho memoria di altri textured di questa tinta, l'unico che ci va molto vicino è il neon WJcon, ma è matte ed è neon.... :D

      Elimina
  9. Perchè non l'ho preso? Perchè dico sempre prenderò prenderò e poi finiscono. Mi chiedo perchè la Kiko continui a lanciare smalti banalissimi e non riproponga questi gioiellini *_*

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I know the feeling! A me succede con tutto, mi sono rassegnata a prender subito quello che davvero mi interessa (e non solo con gli smalti) perché se mi metto a rimuginarci e ad aspettare poi finisce che non trovo più nulla :D

      Elimina
  10. Ah, and I wanted to add I hate the fact that I can't get Kikos here, I saw so many gorgeous ones...

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. They had and still have many gorgeous polishes, you're right! Don't they ship to Poland? Elseway...you can swap :)

      Elimina
  11. Non gli avevo dato un centesimo, poi sono andata in negozio, l'ho visto dal vivo e ammmmore fu!

    RispondiElimina
  12. This looks really gorgeous! I do love a good texture :-)

    RispondiElimina
  13. I had this polish, too, and I loooved it. I like sugared polishes though their season is over and now I haven't worn any for months.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I keep on wearing them instead :D I usually don't care about what's in or about when it's time to wear something, even when it comes to clothes :D I'm quite against the tide.

      Elimina
  14. Well, I love the color and the fact that it is Kiko. But, I never could get my head around textured polishes. I have Zoya Pixie Dust, which is close as I get. But that is two out of three! I know a lot if other ladies love texture or the polishes would not have been so successful.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I didn't like them at the beginning. I truly hate glitters and I couldn't think of this amount of glittery texture on my nails, rough then!
      Then I saw some swatches of OPI Stay The Night with tons of top coat and I felt I'd have needed it. Then I got it and tried it and I've fallen in love with that finish. Could you imagine I now don't like them at all with TC? :D

      Elimina
  15. I love textured nail polishes and of course I love this one! :)

    RispondiElimina
  16. Mi piace il colore e lo shimmer dorato. Ma come textured proprio non fa per me. A dire il vero dei Kiko non ne ho preso nessuno :(

    RispondiElimina
  17. Love it, golden shimmer stole my heart :)

    RispondiElimina
  18. Ok forse ho sbagliato a non prenderlo a suo tempo, è carinissimo :)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Era veramente difficile scegliere, la prima ondata textured era bella in toto :D

      Elimina
  19. Blogger doesn't want to put my post in the right place, so I have to post at the bottom of the site.
    At first I wasn't convinced to sandies and I didn't buy them. I liked them with the first sandy Holiday by Golden Rose I bought, nr 52.
    They are great for nail polish beginners: easy to paint nails with them and to correct your painting when you have a chip.

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. You're right! They're very handy if you consider them from that point of view :D Since they're gritty there's no worry about wrinkles :D

      Elimina

Leggo molto volentieri tutti i vostri commenti (nonostante non mi sia sempre possibile rispondere). Vi chiedo però la cortesia di NON LASCIARE LINK O SPAM, se volete che legga il vostro blog o un vostro post o qualsiasi altra cosa, vi prego di inviarmi un'email. I commenti con link pubblicitari non verranno pubblicati.

I read and appreciate every single comment (even if I'm not always able to reply), but please, I beg you NOT TO SPAM NOR TO LEAVE ANY LINKS. If you want me to read your blog, a post of yours or anything else please send me an e-mail. Comments containing sponsoring links won't be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...